Where to find relevant information on Competitive Intelligence
- Competitive Intelligence
Some people may want to find out more about Competitive Intelligence or simply keep abreast of new developments in this area but don´t know where to find articles, news, theses, etc. on CI. In this post, we collect our favourite information sources on Competitive Intelligence.
In the academic field, information on CI is available in 2 types of documents: doctoral dissertations and scientific articles. Let’s take a closer look:
- Doctoral dissertations: Each country has its own platforms where dissertations are published (there may even be several of such platforms), but one of the most popular is NDLTD (Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations), a global organisation for public dissemination of doctoral theses. Their data base is searchable by keywords or phrases, so that simply entering a term such as "competitive intelligence" should yield good results. In addition, there is a directory with platforms of different countries.
- Scientific articles: In the first place, the flagship publication in the field of CI in Spanish must be mentioned: the EPI magazine (El Professional de la Información). Also, there are other high-level publications in English, such as International Journal of Information Management (IJIM) or Journal of Information and Knowledge Management Systems (VINE). In addition, searching specialised databases such as Sciencedirect IEEE Xplore provides numerous articles of interest.
There are many platforms and associations that offer scientific articles and resources related to CI, such as SCIP (Strategic and Competitive Intelligence Professionals), ICI (Institute for Competitive Intelligence) or Academy of Competitive Intelligence. The channels on CI in the profile of Scoop.it Bonnie Hohhof, or the blog Interneteando are also highly recommended.
We can find interesting information on CI on both Twitter and LinkedIn, as follows:
LinkedIn: There are several active news groups (both in Spanish and English) that publish articles, events, and other relevant information on CI. These are the main ones:
- Competitive Intelligence: Group of people interested in CI that share experiences and knowledge.
- Competitive Intelligence Professionals Europe: Networking and employment opportunities in CI in numerous sectors.
- Competitive Intelligence Professionals: Group of professionals active in CI.
- Economic Intelligence and Strategy: Professional and academic group with training in economic and competitive intelligence.
- Strategic and Competitive Intelligence Professionals (SCIP): Official group of SCIP on LinkedIn.
Twitter: The best way to find information on CI on Twitter is by following the hashtags#VTICOR #competitiveintelligence. We can also follow interesting accounts such as @OVTT or@interneteando, or any of the associations mentioned above. And, of course, through our own @intelsuite account we collect and publish information on Competitive Intelligence and Technology Forecasting.
Some time ago we published this entry in our blog where we list the most important congresses on CI.
Even though the community is quite small, there are many associations and stakeholders that publish information of interest in a variety of formats. Furthermore, be attentive to new developments in the field of regulations or events.
If you have questions about Competitive Intelligence or wish to start something in this sense in your organisation, you can contact us and we will help you. You can also try a professional software like INTELSUITE by requesting a free demo.